Sunday, February 9, 2014

Scramble, Scramble

Hero Arts had a 90 minute scramble today and I got home from the Toastmasters' Leadership breakfast in time to participate.  You know how sometimes things come together and sometimes, time just blows by and you've got NOTHING.  Well, today, the colors inspired me.  I haven't used the color combo pink and silver in a long time.

I thought I had silver Distress Paint, but I didn't... however the brushed pewter looks silver to me, yet pewter too. I put up another photo of my card on Flickr which does not match the true color of the paper.  This photo directly below is the true color and you can see the note card has a silverish color as well as a great pattern.

I dabbed Distress Paint, Brushed Pewter, on the background and after it dried, I then used the Dreamweaver stencil to sponge Memento London Fog on some of the weave.  The pattern is from the Dreamweaver Stencil LJ912.Triangle Weave, which is one of my favorite stencil backgrounds.  I stamped a Hero Arts stamp K5517, in Distress Paint Brushed Pewter (stamp bought at Michaels), very similar to Silhoutte Grass, S5316 on the pink panel.  The Hero Arts sentiment, Butterfly and Flower set CL750 had this great sentiment which fit perfectly. The pattern of the weave on the silver is amazing and a bit hard to catch.


Not the true color, but perhaps you can see the pattern on the silver more.

This really is quite stunning.

Arlene and the Divas

No comments: