Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sail away

As long as I can remember I have been enamored at the sight of water, the way the sun hits it and it just glitters sometimes so much you can barely see, and the feeling of the cool breeze as the tide rolls in.
 I have only been "at sea" once when I was 8 and I still remember the gentle rocking of the boat, but I still get that same feeling on the river every year, when we get on the ferry from Missouri and cross over to Illinois.
All of this came rushing through my mind as I sat down to make this card,  and I think the stencil will become a fast favorite.


This was the first time I tried the embossing paste and the f/x powders together, and let me tell you!
The results are absolutely amazing, after I put the powder on and heated it, I was so amazed, not a single bit of the powder wiped off and it felt almost velvety to the touch,  hey it even looked good without the powder even on yet, I admit I was scared to try it at first, but so glad I did, so I hope you will give Dreamweaver's a try. The Owner and designer Lynell has some gorgeous examples on her website you may want to check out, click HERE to see.

I guess this stencil is a team favorite! Below my fellow Diva's have also found unique ways to use it.



Hi Lovelies, (it's Paula here.)  I have done another Canvas using four of the Stencils & tree die.  I just love the way this picture turned out.   To me it's a view from either a window or a veranda.  Because the stencils are so easy to use this didn't take very long to make.  I used Copics to colour everything except the lake & sky.  For those I used Distress inks.

Isn't it amazing how each one of us has used this stencil?  We knew we wanted to share this stencil with you, but not how we would work with it.  This is one of my all-time favorites.  Here's where you can find the Sailboat.  The sailboat and clouds are all glittery with Perfect Pearls.  Wish you could see the sparkle.
Arlene at A Bit of This and That.


And it's Dawn here for my sample.  I did some paste embossing with glitter over the top.  Add some pearlescent paints.  

Hope this gives you some inspiration
 

Hannah and the DCD Team

2 comments:

Lyn Bernatovich said...

I'm lovin' all the different versions of the sailboat stencil!

Katia said...

wow is really amazing!