Monday, May 20, 2013

What a little bag can do

This is the story of a little paper bag.  I'm sure it began its journey like any paper bag, brown and plain.  Some bags become the stuff that artists make into art and some sadly fall by the wayside.  First it became a printed bag with all sorts of yesteryear ads on it.  It was destined to arrive at The Stamp Art Shoppe and hold art supplies for the paper crafter in someone's life.  This bag and another like it came home with me last year.  A flat little bag that waited on its chance for greatness.  Time passed.

I had to choose a challenge for May and the first thought in my mind was "anything but a card."  When I look back on it, I think "why", why did I want to host a challenge that was a "challenge" to me too!  I found a cardboard box that was shaped like a book, not large, but not too small either.  I wanted something I can actually use, not just another pretty thing!.  Here's where paper meets box.

I used Claudine Hellmuth's Studio multi-medium matte to glue the paper onto the box.  I also used it to seal the box.  As I type, the box is sitting beside me drying.  As you can see below, I streaked the outer sides and the inside with acrylic paints, using Apple Barrel Khaki as the foundation, Chocolate Bar mixed with Khaki and Deco Art Dazzling Metalics Glorious Gold streaks along the sides.  No, they don't look much like pages here, but it's not bad from a foot                    away.

The box is covered and painted. 

A little decorating with a lovely Copics colored rose from Bubaboo Digi Stamps and this little paper bag has completed its journey.  I'll finish by decoupaging the box.

I hope you enjoyed the journey of the little paper bag.

Arlene and the DCD Design Team

2 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Dear Die Cut divas, I just wanted to thank you for the lovely goodies that arrived at my house! What a wonderful surprise! I can't wait to use them....Thank you so much!

Lovely projects you are always posting, I guess i should comment more often.....

Cornelia

Unknown said...

so pretty..