Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Who Thinks about Envelopes?

Who Thinks about Envelopes?  Usually not I.  Sometimes, just finishing a card can be time-intensive for me. Other times, not so much.  I just forget about envelopes until it's time to stuff, sounds rather harsh, doesn't it... but, to go on, STUFF a card into an envelope, I just don't think about them (envelopes).  I make cards for gifts for my co-workers (I'm afraid the number seems to increase each year) and just finishing up cards and determining who they are for means working into the night.

However, I wanted to show you how very CUTE the Bugaboo digital stamps were when printed on envelopes and lightly colored.  I did not use Copics which would have bled through the paper.  I used a set of Zig Writers to shade in my stamps.  A very quick and easy process to try, so I hope you consider stamping on your envelopes too.

I figured I'd try this out on my printer and without too much work at all, printed the two images below on a couple of envelopes.  If I can do this, you can do it too.

 I just love Bugaboo's  Friends are Your Umbrella and had the hardest time not coloring TOO much.  This is just a swish of a marker here and there to give some depth, but I did not spend more than a couple of minutes on this at all.  Yet, it so appeals to me.

I printed Stella Peeker - Darth Vader on a large 6" X 9 inch envelope and quickly ran over it with some markers to give it some fun and a bit of depth.  Don't spend time, just a quick couple of colors and a swish here and there of a marker.  I had to color her hair lavender... she just needed a lavender day, the color just leaping off into space!

I hope you enjoyed this quick post to show you that a printed envelope does not require you to spend a lot of time coloring.  (I had no gray, so used a barely brown color on the container) - see you use what you have.

Arlene and the DCD Design Team

1 comment:

Cindy C. said...

Wow these envelopes look great!!