Friday, May 31, 2013

Grunge Book

I'm making a commemorative book of the first year of f the Die Cut Divas (DCD) Challenge Blog.  The idea came to me when I was trying to think of samples of work that were not cards.  Sometimes things just pop out at you and this little 6 inch by 6 inch grunge book did.  I was walking the aisles of Hobby Lobby when I saw this nondescript packet hanging about knee level.

Several thoughts ran through my mind, NOT TOO LARGE, NOT TOO SMALL, JUST RIGHT! - that's right I felt like Goldilocks and the Three Bears.  Reading the packet, there are 12 pages, perfect for a year... looking better and better.  Not too much room to fill up, but enough to make it interesting.

Here's what I saw:

Looks interesting with lots of possibilities, right?

Here's what I did:
I colored the grunge paper with Alcohol Inks in a free style.  Taking the alcohol ink applicator in one hand, I squirted the ink in the other hand onto the felt and sponged the ink on the grunge paper.


First I applied Eggplant, then Cranberry and I loved the look of texture this gave my project. I thought metallic and grabbed the copper, dabbed on copper and let the paper dry.   I wanted you to see the vibrancy of the colors as well as what the light and dark of the colors achieved.


 I wondered how I would meld the world of Bugaboo and grunge paper.  My first thought was I needed some letters to at least identify what I was going to put on the page, the month and the sponsor, Bugaboo Digital Stamps.  I dropped the two "o"s and one landed on top of the other, just meant to be.  Distressing the sides of the die-cut panels, I moved them and the letters around until I felt happy with it.

I took the rings out of the bag and Voila.  The first page is finished.  I may add additional papers, perhaps just plain card stock to save something I don't want to lose, but I definitely want to save the sponsor pages.  It's our first year and I just have to have something solid in my hands.


Thank you to Bugaboo for your support of our blog.


Wait until you see what Hannah has in store for you in June!

Arlene and the DCD Design Team


No comments: