Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Here's how ...

I store my dies after having seen a little tutorial online about 6 years ago.  And to let you know, I didn't follow it exactly.  Anyway, my base card is about 6 1/2 inches by 9 inches long. (or exactly 16 1/2 cm by 23 cm), which is from a cardboard backing for work requests.  They'd be thrown away and I save them from the trash can.  Good save!
Cover some plain blah cardboard with a thin decorative paper (I choose papers that I know I'll never use and no one else ever will either).  This paper is nice, but I have 4 more 12" X 12" pages of it.


Grab a magnetic sheet.  I've already been using this sheet .

Grab your paper cutter and cut magnetic sheet.  

After the strips are cut, pull back the paper backing and place on decorative paper, holding the strip down for a couple seconds.

This is the finished product.  I've seen some YouTube examples and these people are much more perfect in their application of the magnetic strips.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to put together when I first started, so I thought this placement would do for most of my dies and they do.


My recent purchases and I wanted to know who made what, so I found the in-between spaces worked great for writing the brand and name of the die on a shipping label.

And looks like I have some MORE dies.

I use my Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles & Scalloped Circles all the time and my page is in good condition; the swirls on the paper are deceptive.   The green page was just made a couple weeks ago, however the card holding the circles is about 4 or 5 years old.  I never put these in a binder.  I kept saying I'll do it someday, but I just put them in a shallow plastic drawer and pull them out when I need them.  As I sort through them, I hold out some that I think might work on my project, depending on the size of the die. I'm sure there are videos on YouTube and you can check to see if you'd like to bind your set.  

You may be thinking about putting your dies into CD cases.  One reason I'm not changing to CD holders is that I don't want the bulk of the case.  I may convert these to a binder, but right now they work fine for me.  I hope I've given you something to think about.

Arlene and the DCD team








1 comment:

stampingandstitching said...

Thanks for the great tutorial! My dies are badly in need of some kind of storage system, so this will do the trick for me:)