Monday, January 6, 2014

Case a Card and Make it Glitter

Preview
When I saw this card on the Cecilia's Cards, I fell in love with it and wanted to case it.  One tip from Cecilia, start die-cutting the number 2 to the right more as there will be a lot of thickness on the left bottom of the card.  I can't use my number dies the same as Cecilia because they are all on one plate (Cuttlebug Olivia font).  I still like Cecilia's best, but I went for it, twice.



I needed a Thank you Card, so I used a portion of the phrase "Thanks for being a friend" 
from Hero Arts Enjoy Today and the Washi tape I had on hand.  I die-cut my Glitter Paper and adhered the numbers to the card.  I love Cecili's method and numbers.  Just right for her card.

I made two cards while I had Washi tape and stamp in hand. I die-cut my White Glitter Paper and adhered the numbers to the card.
These turned out great for perky cards to start the NEW YEAR, but a totally different feel to the card.  I STILL LOVE Cecilia's card best.

Arlene and the Die Cut Divas

1 comment:

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Thanks Arlene! You did a wonderful job!! Love the tapes you've used!!