Monday, January 13, 2014

Guest Appearance!

Our Sponsor this month!

Preview

Who will be our January guest? 
 None other than fellow DT, Paula Laird.

Die Cut Divas, lets get to know.Paula

  • Tell us a little about yourselfI am a SAHM (Stay at home Mum) for the moment.  Who never seems to be home!  I am married to the love of my life Doug & have two kids & a crazy cat!  I've been married to Doug for the last eight (nearly nine) years & have been together for over fifteen years.  Emsy  my eldest is starting grade two this year & Lils is about to start Pre-prep (similar to Kindy) two days a week.  So I will also have to start looking for work soon which will make life interesting.  I'm sure life is already interesting!
  • How long have you been a card maker/scrapper & when did you start?  -  I started Scrapbooking towards the end of 2006.  I used it as a form of therapy after having Emsy.  I was diagnosed with Post Natal Depression & scrapping helped me.  I soon discovered that I had a lot of "leftovers" & couldn't waste them.  About this time I also discovered Hero Arts stamps & I fell in love with them.  So card making has become my passion.  Paula has excelled!
  • Do you follow sketches or dive right in? - I use to just dive right in & still sometimes do.  Now a days I mostly follow sketches & recently have started doing my own.  I must admit as much as I love sketches I sometimes can't follow them properly lol.   Paula has a real talent for sketching.  And I don't think there is any "proper" way to follow them.  I think Paula lets her heart lead her.
  • How many projects do you make a week? - It depends on the time of year.  Honestly in the last month I haven't made a single thing :(.  I really need to get back into crafting as I miss it.  I usually try to make two cards a week.  Although with Lils into everything I usually get only one done.  We miss your crafting l Come back in, the water's fine!
  • What is your favourite tool (what can't you create without) & why?  - See this is such a tough question for me.  I have three loves & tend to use all three on my cards.  But I guess if push came to shove it would be my "Rusty trusty Cuttlebug".  As I tend to use it on every card/project.  Years ago I never had heard the name.  
  • What at the moment is your most favourite thing to do on your project?  - Colour with Copics!  I love colours & have discovered a Blog called DoveArt Studios http://just4funcrafts.blogspot.com.au/ which I have found to be really helpful.  I would suggest checking it out, as there are some amazing combinations on her blog & they are ok to pin.  Let's all go visit too.
  • How would you describe your style? - Another hard question.  I'd say I'm slowly leaning to a pared down style.  Not quiet clean & simple, but I'm no longer throwing everything (including the Kitchen sink) at my cards.
  • What about your style would you change (or not) & why? - The balance between colours & space.  I have a hard time with this.  I love colour schemes ie black white with a hint of............. this I find hard to make work.  I always seem to go overboard with it.
  • Have you been published or on a Design team - when & where? - I have been on a Design team over at Try Stampin' on Tuesdays.  This is such a great blog.  I've had a great time over there but unfortunately haven't been able to create for them for a while due to my life being so busy.  Of course, I don't want to leave out our very own Die Cut Divas.  Paula led the way for our challenge blog - hooray for Paula!
  • Describe (pictures are even better) your crafting area - Bomb zone after the bombs went off!  Seriously it's a huge mess!  Made worse by the fact I was using it to create stuff for Emsy's school play.  I still have stuff piled on my rocking chair, the floor, the ironing board, the floor, my sewing table & yes the floor!  So no pictures for you! I swear it took me over an hour to clean off my card desk so I could sit & write the answers for this interview. 
  • Hi Lovelies, OK I've been able to tidy up after the school play, going away & having Visitors for the last three weeks.  So here are a few snaps of my craft area - it takes up a quarter of my downstairs area.

My desk where cards are made

My Sewing area - and extra table space

  • Do you have a blog? If not where can we see more of your fabulous creations? - Yes I have a blog which has been neglected of late.  It's called Scraps of Me & can be found here http://pajalus.blogspot.com.au/  Let's hope the new year let's me be able to update it more often.
Thank you so much for being our guest this month.  I'm so glad you could supply us with photos of your craft area.  I've been so curious where your creatures spring forth.  

 Hugs to our fellow Diva!, Paula.

Arlene and the Die Cut Divas


3 comments:

Cindy C. said...

What a fun interview! Thanks for sharing photos of your craft room. It's nice to where your wonderful projects are born! :)

Cindy C. said...

Oups forgot the word "see" in the last comment.

Petti said...

Great interview!