Monday, February 25, 2013

I love to be untraditional!

Hey Everyone,

I hope you have all been having fun with this challenge, as I have coordinating it, and I happy so many of you could join us!
Valentines may be over but that doesn't mean we don't need to make anymore cards with the "love" theme, and part of doing an untraditional valentine is not putting Happy Valentines day on your cards, so with the holiday over, any card that says "I love you" or anything in the love theme it will be eligible for our challenge, just remember don't combine red, pink, and white on your cards/projects.

 If you are like me doing the normal is not an option,  and being different is all the more fun.  So when I came up with this months challenge, and I knew I needed to do valentines, but I had to change it up;  no more pink, red, and white cards for me! and if I asked you all to just make valentines that would be way to easy for you, so of course that really made traditional out of the question, because what is a challenge that isn't challenging!

And here is a little tip for you on making things untraditional: Tthe trick I used for this challenge was to just make my everyday cards for any occasion, and adding a "love" sentiment, so I didn't feel forced to go along with the color theme. 
You see if you go and try to make a valentine the first thing you pull out is hearts and pink, red, and white colors. but if your just making cards for no reason, with no particular theme in mind just a simple sentiment can change the whole card, and remember there is more then one way to tell someone you love them, and when you do something out of the ordinary it makes it all the more
special to those who recieve it.

Remember there is still 5 days to enter, and you can enter on this page here or just click on the blue button on our right sidebar that says current challenge. And if any of you readers find a card in your group that fits our theme, we'd love for you to tell them about us and give them the link to our challenge post, http://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/2013/02/february-challenge-untraditional.html

Again thank you for playing along with us, we are looking forward to making this a better blog, giving you tips, tutorials, and fun challenges, all with "YOUR" favorite die cut machine.

Have a wonderful weekend! and don't forget to check back wednesday for our final post for the month of February.

Hannah
   and the DCD design team
 

1 comment:

Arlene said...

Thanks for the tip. That really is an easy way to take the pressure off.