Friday, February 8, 2013

Final Card Showcasing my Favorite Die

Hello,
I'm back with my final card this week showcasing my favorite die.  I hope you aren't all tired of my brown cards!  It seems to be my go to color lately and works in every category.
I wanted this card to be completely void of the "valentine" color scheme, to fit this months challenge theme and it was fun to do something different.
 For this example using the die, I embossed it to show you how neat it looks, without dressing down the elegance, for a more fun card use a folder with more of a bold design.

Steps of Assembly
I cut an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet lengthwise at 5 1/2, and my card "front" (or panel) at 3 3/4 x 5 and set aside
I chose my embossing folder and dies in this case the flowers, nesty rectangles, and Swiss dots folder, and ran each piece through the machine.  For the rectangles I placed them on the matt together holding it down with a small piece of tape putting the smaller rectangle inside the larger for the frame effect. next I distressed my card front, the flower/leaves, and the rectangle frame, and ran the flower in the embossing folder.  I stamped the background on my card front using the same color I distressed it with, finally I assembled all my layers and adhered them together and stamped the sentiment on the white panel.

Material List
Solar Neenah White Cardstock
HA S5213 Dots and Flowers
HA CL483 Type
Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs, Mustard Seed,  and Mowed Lawn Distress inks
Tattered Florals Bigz Die
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
Spell Binder Nesties Large Rectangles

Please Join us back here Monday for some more fun.
Have a great weekend!

     Hannah
 And the Die Cut Diva's Design Team

5 comments:

Dawn T said...

stunning Hannah. Love the unusual colours.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such beautiful colors - I love that background stamp - I should use it again

Arlene said...

I love the different ways you've used the flower. Absolutely love the background color and warmth the color gives the card. Lovely.

Cindy C. said...

Beatiful card Hannah! BTW it's not just brown, it's chocolate, or coffee, or toffee, or caramel...it's a yummy colour!

Unknown said...

Lol Cindy, Thank you! do you have a sweet tooth by the way? Hehe : )