Sunday, July 25, 2021

Tone -on-Tone Birthday Wishes with Birch Press

 Hi Dawn here to share my Birch Press designs.... Our sponsor this month is Birch Press Design who will be giving our winner a $20 gift certificate. 


I was lucky that my Teamie, Arlene, sent me some Birch Press die cuts - String Art Frame.  Today I have a Twofer using one the frames..

Card 1

I started by jnking up my card base - using all four inks in the Altenew Warm and Cozy set.  I then took the frame die and using the darkest ink (Firebrick) used my mini blending brush to colour it up.  I did this over some white card and got a bonus background.  I added the frame over my card base, and then used a circle stamp and sentiment from Gina K's Wreath Builder set.  A few little gold gems finished my card....

Card 2

This is how I used my bonus background


Loved the look of the background.  I stamped one of the Dovetail Butterflies from Altenew in the Firebrick ink and Obsidan black ink.  I used the matching die cut and added it with some 3D tape to the card.    I used the same orange as my card base to die cut the Birthday sentiment from Paper Roses.  I used vellum for it's shadow layer and then did a bit of stamp surgery on a sentiment from Altenew's Sentiment Strip set.   A few little black gems and it's done.

Do come and join us this month with our Tone-on-Tone challenge. 





4 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Two wonderful cards. Anesha

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous cards and I just LOVE to be able to get that die.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Arlene said...

Beautiful cards. I love the way you used the String Art Frame to create not one, but two cards. Using the die-cut as a stencil was a fantastic idea and worked out so well. Ideas are floating back to me.