Thursday, February 11, 2016

You Make My Heart FLutter

Hero Arts is Our February Sponsor.

I love matching die and stamp sets.  That gives you so many options.  When I think of February's challenge at Die Cut Divas, I think pink, whirling butterflies, and that fluttering feeling in the tummy.  My sentiment continues from the outside to the inside.  "YOU MAKE my heart flutter" is the sentiment, but I divided it to fit part on the outside and part inside.  Take a look at the outside.  And yes, the black and white is from a up-cycled tissue box.

I think this card has a feminine, but modern feel to it.  Someone gave me a tissue box that reminds me of a zebra and I couldn't resist using it.


Close-up of central panel

Close-up of butterfly (second layer of butterflies are clear embossed)
Supplies:
Hero Arts Color Layering Butterflies (CL867)
Hero Arts  (DI135)
Color Layering Butterflies Frame Cuts
Distress Inks  worn lipstick & ripe persimmon
Cuttlebug

2 comments:

Cindy C. said...

I love the fresh look you've created with the upcycle piece. The layered butterflies are wonderful and so clever to carry the sentiment to the inside of the card!!

Michelle N. said...

So beautiful! Love the pink and red on the recycled tissue box!