Tuesday, August 25, 2026

White on White with One Colour - A Christmas Card

 It’s time to share my cards for this month’s challenge at Die Cut Divas, where our theme is “White on white with one colour.” We’re lucky to have Birch Press Designs sponsoring the challenge this month, and if you love beautiful dies, they have some wonderful designs to explore.

I don’t have a large collection of Birch Press Designs products, but I do have their String Art Hot Foil Plate. It took me a little while to work out how best to use it for a white-on-white card, but in the end, I decided to emboss a white panel with it. The subtle texture gave the background just enough interest while keeping the card elegant.

For the focal image, I used an already stamped and cut Couture Creations Ringing Bells image, which I had cut with my Scan’n’Cut. I coloured the bow and clappers with red pencils, then added Star Dust Stickles for texture and sparkle without introducing another colour. The sentiment came from the LDSR Christmas One and Go stamp and die set, which has left me with lots of extra sentiments ready for future cards.   

Hop over to the post on my blog to see my bonus card also using the String Art Hot Foil plate. 

We'd love to have you join us with your projects.  Just remember to use your die machine to cut or emboss and follow our challenge.

Dawn and the Divas

No comments: