Monday, December 15, 2014

Introducing our Guest Alicia



Please welcome our guest..... Alicia!

Tell us a little about yourself:
 I'm a mother of 2 small precious people & a part-time worker. I started scrapbooking in 2005. I moved onto digital scrapbooking when my daughter was born in 2007 (& still do!) as it was easier, quicker & both grandparents wanted scrap pages too so it was easier to do one page digitally & email it to everyone. I needed to use my paper up so I started playing at card making.
How long have you been a card maker/scrapper & when did you start? 
I had always admired all those beautiful coloured images (Magnolia, La La Land, CC Designs etc) so I bought a few stamps & used my pencils to start with. Pencils just didn't have the wow factor I was after so I decided to pick up my first Copic in 2011 after visiting a craft fair & self taught.
Wow you do amazing coloring for being self taught, you have a great teacher (wink)
Do you follow sketches or dive right in? 
If there is a current sketch challenge that would fit the idea of my image I have in my mind then I will have a play with it, but I don't solely use sketches. Sometime when I start off with a sketch, it morphs into something completely different but I find sketches a great starting place!
                              
How many projects do you make a week? 
I'm currently on 2 weekly design teams and 2 monthly design teams so I create at least 2 cards a week. If I have time I will create more, but I make sure my commitments are covered first which usually doesn't leave me with much spare time.
What is your favourite tool (what can't you create without) & why? 
I can't create without colouring something. Colouring is very therapeutic to me & I love colouring with my kids in the studio having a go too (with their own special pens & textas!)
You and me both, I love to color!
What at the moment is your most favourite thing to do on your project?
  I'm loving playing with Frantage! I love the added bling it adds to cards & the whimsical effect it creates. I'm still yet to master it though.
How would you describe your style? 
I'd describe my style as clean and simple without being CAS. You will always find a coloured image as a focus on my cards and a couple of layers of designer papers without too much fluff & pomp.
What about your style would you change (or not) & why?
 I'd love to be able to create those soft whimsical cards with all that distressing and lace etc, however I fail every time I've tried! I love having a fantastic image hand coloured as my focal point and try to keep the rest of the card simple so as to not detract from the image.
Have you been published or on a Design team - when & where? 
I have been published once in Australia (all details are here: http://maxibellestudio.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/watermarks-washi-tape.html) which was a great privilege.  I'm currently on both of the Dies R Us design teams (the inspiration blog & the challenge blog). I also design for Outlawz Saturday Paper Ala Mode weekly challenge & Scrapbooker PhD monthly challenge.
Describe (pictures are even better) your crafting area?
I'm very lucky to have my own space which I spent a considerable time thinking about layout & use before putting together. Everything is within arms reach so its very efficient for crafting which is great when I have limited time. There is plenty of desk area to spread out on (or have little helpers join in) and plenty of storage too. 
Fantastic, what I wouldn't give for a space like that.
Do you have a blog? If not where can we see more of your fabulous creations?




Thanks Alicia for the great introduction! I'm looking forward to seeing what else you are going to share with us this week.

Have a wonderful week!
Hannah and the DCD Team

1 comment:

Katia said...

alicia all your card are so beautiful!