Monday, September 1, 2014

September challenge - New Things

I hope you all had great fun enjoying those "summer nights of August" and I'm looking forward to see what September will bring us.

This Month I challenge you to do something new! step outside your comfort zone, try a new technique, or even a new fold, who knows you might like it! Did you go shopping and buy something "new" to play with? or maybe you want to try a new color combo.

Remember you must at least use one die cut or embossing folder and while we're at it remember all cards/projects must be "new" and dated after the first of September.

This Month Our generous sponsor is Bugaboo, and we are excited to once again inspire you with their variety of cute and funny images.


If you have any questions feel free to drop us a line



Here are some lovely examples from Our Diva's



 Marsha - used a new image (The unicorn)

For this card I have tried to stretch myself a little, this layout is totally new to me, and I am not sure what I was trying to achieve, lol, eclectic Vintage maybe....the embossing folder is new as well...blessings Hilde
Visit Hilde at Happy Glitzy Girl

 New Technique - Complementary colors - yellow and purple on the color wheel - I'm using brown as a neutral like black or white 
(yes the saddle and plastic circle look blue, but are not)
Hannah used this cute new image from Bugaboo,
and the ants symbolize hard workers since this card is intended as a thank you for help


Cathie - House of Borowski
Its a New Image,  I have tried a new card fold - I don't know what its called though and you can't see it but there is double embossing on the inside of the card.

Dawn

Using a new Digi from Bugaboo.  New stamps from Kaisercraft and Winnie & Walter.

Enter here and make sure and drop us a line in the comments below and tell us what you did "New"!
Hannah and The Die Cut Diva's

11 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Very fun inspirations!! I've bought a new stamp and die in August, so it's still considered new right!? :) Hope to play along!!

Unknown said...

It's new as long as this is your first time using it,: )and if you use that same new item again, during this challenge it will count s well, just remember only 4 entries.
Thanks, that was a good Question!

Cindy C. said...

Thanks for the answer Hannah! I've already used part of the set, so I guess I'll have go with new technique or colour combo or new fold! :)

Em Louise Fairley said...

Everything I've used is new, so this challenge is a great way to showcase the new items :)

Hugs,
Em x
http://www.creative-em.com/2014/09/thinking-of-you.html

Cat Craig said...

I am using a new die, a new stamp, and new panel shapes!

Gail said...

This was a fun challenge to get using new dies, techniques, etc. I was pushed to get out my NEW stuff instead of hoarding it - good grief that is why I bought it to use it and learning a the new technique for paper folding ruffles - which was a fun idea! Thanks for the challenge and have a blessed day

Kathi said...

Wonderful inspiration by your design team!

Lisa :) said...

GREAT challenge!! I used tea dying for the first time and a new die :)

Crafty Math Chick said...

Lovely samples from your talented team! Thanks for inspiring me to use my dies more.

Cindy C. said...

I didn't find any new colour combo that's pleasing to me, so I used a new stamp. Used it for the first time for this challenge! :)

Eva Laney said...

I just got linked up... My New is the Label 10 die from Spellbinders that I cut out my image with plus I tried a new technique with coloring the image with water color pencils and then water brushing it. Thanks for the great challenge :) ~ Eva Scraps