Lets get to know Nancy!.....
· Tell us a little about yourself- I’m a wife, a mom to 2 grown sons and Grammy to the cutest little boy on the planet! I’m a dog-lover and currently have 2 formerly homeless pups, a tiny Chihuahua and a good-natured Golden Retriever. I work behind the scenes with Lawn Fawn and also do marketing and design work for a LSS.
· How long have you been a card maker/scrapper & when did you start? I bought my first rubber stamp in 1987; it was an adorable Teddy Bear bookplate by Hero Arts. I was immediately hooked and I've been adding to my inventory of stamps and crafting supplies ever since. I love making cards and tags because of the instant gratification but I also like to dabble with mixed media projects and have recently started an art journal. I'm also a recent convert to scrapbooking so I can chronicle my grandson’s life.
· Do you follow sketches or dive right in? I get ideas from sketches but I rarely follow them exactly. Mostly I just get started with a kernel of an idea and hope it takes me somewhere good.
· How many projects do you make a week? Since my work sometimes involves creating cards and other paper crafted projects I usually have limited time to make things for myself. If I make a card or 2 each week I’m doing good!
· What is your favorite tool (what can't you create without) & why? Now that I’ve added so many Lawn Fawn dies to my stash, my Big Kick Die Cutting machine gets lots of use.
· What at the moment is your most favorite thing to do on your project? I’ve been doing lots of practicing with Copics lately. I love how colored images can really make a big impact on a card.
· How would you describe your style? Definitely can’t narrow down my style. Depending on my mood I can do CAS, vintage, arty and inky you name it. I don’t like too much frou-frou though so I keep embellishments to a minimum.
· What about your style would you change (or not) & why? I’m always changing my style; trying new things. I try not to ever get stuck in a rut. I do wish I could make cards quicker, it always takes me forever to get one finished.
· Have you been published or on a Design team - when & where? I was a Hero Arts Hostess in the summer of 2010. I was on the Lily Pad Cards design team and I’m currently on the Design Team for my LSS, Stamp Fever.
· Describe (pictures are even better) your crafting area. My craft room is a spare bedroom in my house with wonderful North and East facing windows so I get lots of natural light. My hubby is a cabinet maker who builds custom storage for me. (photos are attached)
Craft room window
Work space with pull out shelves.
· Do you have a blog? If not where can we see more of your fabulous creations? I blog as often as I can at Happy Heart Studio http://happyheart-nancyljk.blogspot.com/
And finally here is a peak at her wonderful work
Come visit us again Wednesday for a Fun tutorial From Nancy.
Hannah and the DCD Design Team