Monday, June 17, 2013

Guest Designer of the Month..... Nancy Krueger!


Lets get to know Nancy!.....

· Tell us a little about yourself- I’m a wife, a mom to 2 grown sons and Grammy to the cutest little boy on the planet! I’m a dog-lover and currently have 2 formerly homeless pups, a tiny Chihuahua and a good-natured Golden Retriever. I work behind the scenes with Lawn Fawn and also do marketing and design work for a LSS.

· How long have you been a card maker/scrapper & when did you start? I bought my first rubber stamp in 1987; it was an adorable Teddy Bear bookplate by Hero Arts. I was immediately hooked and I've been adding to my inventory of stamps and crafting supplies ever since. I love making cards and tags because of the instant gratification but I also like to dabble with mixed media projects and have recently started an art journal. I'm also a recent convert to scrapbooking so I can chronicle my grandson’s life.

· Do you follow sketches or dive right in? I get ideas from sketches but I rarely follow them exactly. Mostly I just get started with a kernel of an idea and hope it takes me somewhere good.

· How many projects do you make a week? Since my work sometimes involves creating cards and other paper crafted projects I usually have limited time to make things for myself. If I make a card or 2 each week I’m doing good!

· What is your favorite tool (what can't you create without) & why? Now that I’ve added so many Lawn Fawn dies to my stash, my Big Kick Die Cutting machine gets lots of use.

· What at the moment is your most favorite thing to do on your project? I’ve been doing lots of practicing with Copics lately. I love how colored images can really make a big impact on a card.

· How would you describe your style? Definitely can’t narrow down my style. Depending on my mood I can do CAS, vintage, arty and inky you name it. I don’t like too much frou-frou though so I keep embellishments to a minimum.

· What about your style would you change (or not) & why? I’m always changing my style; trying new things. I try not to ever get stuck in a rut. I do wish I could make cards quicker, it always takes me forever to get one finished.

· Have you been published or on a Design team - when & where? I was a Hero Arts Hostess in the summer of 2010. I was on the Lily Pad Cards design team and I’m currently on the Design Team for my LSS, Stamp Fever.

· Describe (pictures are even better) your crafting area.  My craft room is a spare bedroom in my house with wonderful North and East facing windows so I get lots of natural light. My hubby is a cabinet maker who builds custom storage for me. (photos are attached)

Office Area

Closet Storage

Craft Central


Craft room window

Work space with pull out shelves.

· Do you have a blog? If not where can we see more of your fabulous creations? I blog as often as I can at Happy Heart Studio http://happyheart-nancyljk.blogspot.com/


 And finally here is a peak at her wonderful work 




Thank's Nancy!

Come visit us again Wednesday for a Fun tutorial From Nancy.

Hannah and the DCD Design Team

6 comments:

Dawn T said...

Great interview Nancy. It's great to get to "know" you a bit more.

Arlene said...

I want that craft room! I love all the windows. I think every crafter will be drooling. Well, I am.

Great interview. It's wonderful getting to know you. Sounds like you are still loving your stamping and your work.

Cindy C. said...

Congrats Nancy! Beautiful cards, and great craft room!!!

Nancy K said...

Thanks for the lovely write up! So happy to be hanging out with you this week!

Barb said...

Awesome interview! Love Nancy, not only for her talent, but for her beautiful, kind spirit! :)

Kara Lynne said...

Thanks for the interview of Nancy! It's wonderful to get to know her more.