Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Fun Tutorial with Nancy!


Hi All
Our guest designer Nancy will be taking over today with a fun tutorial, I hope you enjoy!

Hot Dog Birthday Card
Watercolor-Stencil Background Photo Tutorial


Supplies Needed for Background Technique:
Watercolor paper
Distress Inks (Stormy Sky, Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Tumbled Glass)
Water Mister
Craft Sheet
Heat Tool
Hero Arts Stencil (Irregular Checkerboard Background)
Removable adhesive tape runner
Ink Blending Tool and foam



#1 Tap Distress inks onto craft sheet, mist well with water

#2 Press watercolor paper into the ink on craft sheet to pick up color

#3 Dry with heat tool

Repeat step 2 a few times to layer color, drying with heat tool each time.

#4 Apply some removable adhesive to back of stencil and arrange on top of watercolor paper

#5+6 Use ink blending tool to add Stormy Sky on the bottom and Peacock Feathers on the top


#7 Here’s the finished background. At this point I randomly stamped the tiny party hat from Lawn Fawn “So Much to Say” with Hero Arts Soft Granite ink

#8 Spray Studio Calico mist-able arrows with Dylusions Ink Spray in Pure Sunshine

#9 Add the finishing touches to the birthday card. I raided my stash of Copic colored and die cut images for the dog from Lawn Fawn’s Critters at the Dog Park. I stamped and die cut the word bubble from A Birdie Told Me, then I stamped the greeting from So Much to Say on a strip of Studio Calico paper.


That was Fantastic Nancy! and I know I can speak for our whole team, I will definitely have to give it a try.
This has been a Great Week! and I can't wait to share some of my favorite cards of hers this Friday.

Hannah, Nancy, and the DCD Design Team

4 comments:

Dawn T said...

awesome tutorial from Nancy. Love all the blue and the sencilling

Dawn T said...

awesome tutorial from Nancy. Love all the blue and the sencilling

Arlene said...

Great technique. Wonderful card.

Barb said...

Thanks for the tutorial, Nancy! Such a cute card - lovin' that fab, inky background! :)