Saturday, September 27, 2014

Water Color Technique - Wet on Wet

Wet Watercolor onto wet paper

I took a class this month at my LSS and played with watercolors.  You never know what you'll get playing around.  Here's what Susan, our instructor, had to say about it.  "Brush paper with clean water.  Paint directly on to stamp with watercolors.  Stamp on to wet paper".  Now isn't that easy?  While the image is still wet, you paint with the background color (blue here).  It's easy to move the blue into the spaces between your painted flower.   When the watercolor has dried, you can stamp on top of your paper.  I used an open fence type stamp on the right and part of a "writing background" stamp on the left.  You can finish as you wish with your card.

NOTE:  I added some yellow, brown and orange to my original stamped image to bring out more color.

I hope you enjoyed my little watercolor here.  I'm in no way thinking I'm a grand painter, but I'm certainly working at having fun!

Arlene and the Die Cut Divas

No comments: