Sunday, September 28, 2014

Watercolor for Fall

One more water color card for the month of September.  I think this card is a great Fall card and puts me in the mood to welcome a change in weather.

This technique was a Wet into Dry over Wet into Wet Background.  Remember that I am using water color paper.  I'm afraid I didn't get as much Wet into Wet background as I wanted to, but I really like how it turned out.  

Direct from our teacher, Susan, at The Stamp Art Shoppe, "Wet paper with brush and then paint directly onto stamp in various fall leaf colors.  Stamp several times in wet paper.  Dry thoroughly.  Paint onto the stamp agian making the colors a bit darker.  Stamp over the background image once or twice to add definition".   I was supposed to stamp an Asian poem in block over the leaves, but I forgot to.  It would have added more depth, but I'm good with this too.  I stamped a Kaiser Craft sentiment from a dear friend on the bottom right.  I really love the colors and sheer joy of Autumn in this card.  A fun technique and a very easy one.

Arlene and the Die Cut Divas

No comments: