Upcoming Challenges - see Sidebar

We are limiting the number of submissions to the Die Cut Divas' challenge blog to 4. The challenges will close at 9:00 p.m. Pacific time. Thank you as always for your wonderful submissions. Arlene and the Die Cut Divas.

Friday, September 12, 2014

It's all in the Fringe


 
You can tell I'm having fun with these western bugaboo digi's!  I printed out the saddle a little bigger than I intended, but I really like how this turned out

.
When I started out I saw that something was needed to offset the enormous saddle, I must have racked my brain for 15 minutes before the idea struck, but finally (and this took a half hour) I used a border punch and threaded the embossing twine then I cut 28 small strips of the same and carefully adhered each bunch. The embossing folder I chose (which is new) seemed the perfect addition, as it reminded me of a afghan throw you might throw over a saddle.
 
I hope you have a great weekend! Come back next week for some great tips in regards to your dies.
Hannah and the DCD Team
 

1 comment:

Arlene said...

What a marvelous idea. This is so creative!