Sunday, January 17, 2016

Happy Accident

Happy Sunday,

I am super excited today because it's my very first solo post here at Die Cut Diva's.  I am new to the team, and this month's challenge is New Technique, Die, Stamp, and/or Colours!!   How fun is that?!

Our great sponsor this month is One Happy Cut.  Winner of this month's challenge would receive a $15 gift certificate to their store.

For my project I used my new ink: Hero Arts Ombre Tide Pool to Navy, along with the Impression Obsession Dies - Feather set available at One Happy Cut.

I pressed my ink pad directly onto water colour paper panel, and I wanted to spritz water all over it to create a water on water look.  But I got distracted and left to do something else.  By the time I returned the ink has dried!  :(  But I spritzed water all over it anyway hoping to achieve the same result, sadly it didn't turnout, but this became a happy accident (thus the title of this post), the backside looks very interesting.  After it dried I die cut the feathers and went ahead to create my card.  Here's a look of how I got my feather dies done.


Dried Ink on watercolour panel

Panel spritzed with water

Backside of the panel

Die cut feathers

Here's my finished card, I fashioned the feathers like a nest for my bird.



Supplies:

Impress Obession Dies: Feather Set
Echo Park Stamp: Take Note
Hero Arts Stamp: Forever
Hero Arts Ombre Ink: Tide Pool to Navy
Ranger Distress Ink: Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain
Memento Dye Ink: Tuxedo Black
Colouring Pencils


Thanks for visiting.  

Cindy and the Die Cut Divas

6 comments:

Betty said...

wonderful card Cindy - that's the best accident ever and love how you used the feathers for a nest.

Michelle N. said...

Just to show accidents don't have to be all bad-great card!

Arlene said...

WOW, I Need more happy accidents.

Beautiful card.

Sue McRae said...

Love your inky feather nest!

Gail said...

Super great come-back with the accident - love the feathers - and creation - nice job!

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your first DT post, Cindy! I love the clever way you used the back side of your panel to create your feathers...I never would have thought of it! Your birds are gorgeous, and I love how you created such a lovely scene! Really beautiful card!