Monday, January 25, 2016

A Special House

Our Great Sponsor at Die Cut Divas is 
One Happy Cut
One Happy Cut will give out a $15 gift certificate


The challenge is new technique, die, stamp, colors, something you're using or trying for the first time. Well, here is something I've never tried before and have been thinking about doing, so here we go.  I'm using my die-cuts to expand my die-cut house into a large home.  I also am using up scraps.  


Here's what I did:
  • I glued leftover scraps of paper from different projects onto a piece of copy paper.  
  • I then die-cut the house three times from the scrap paper and glued two of the houses onto a piece of copy paper. 
  • The long roof is the same width as the roof die and glued on top of the two houses. 
  • The third house is pop dotted to the top middle of the two houses.
  • I die-cut two trim pieces and used one piece to create trim for the back roof, while using the complete trim for the front house
  • I cut the chimney twice and layered one piece behind the other.
  • I cut four windows and glued them on.
  • I cut two doors to create a door with different paper.
  • I used a white ink pen to dot the trim.  This really lightened up the entire house. 
  • I found blue card stock and cut to A2 card size and adhered the houses onto the note card.
  • I wanted a large sentiment to fit above the house and chose FRIEND
Supplies:
Elizabeth Craft Designs Holiday House here
Hero Arts Big Ticket an older clear set (sentiment)
Signo Broad white pen
Cuttlebug

2 comments:

Cindy C. said...

OH my what a colourful house!! I love how you extended it!!

Marsha said...

What a great idea!