Monday, October 20, 2014

Welcome to our newest Diva....

We have a new Diva in the house.... Please welcome Michelle.  Here she is to tell us a bit about herself.

 

I live in Central Point, Oregon, USA. I've been married to the love of my life Bill for the past 20 years. I'm also retired from a local high school where I was a Campus Monitor (fancy name for "babysitter") for over 20 years. My husband and I have owned beagles as long as we've been together, so they are my fur children.

I got started with Creative Memories probably 10 or 15 years ago to scrapbook my husbands sprint car racing. I still haven't got all of the memorabilia into the albums! Then about 3-4 years ago I wanted to use up my scraps from scrapbooking and I started making cards to sell as a fund-raiser for Sparrow clubs (a school based fundraiser to help children and families with cancer)-it all snowballed from there!

I love to make cards. Now my friends and family get disappointed if they receive a "store bought" card! It's also one of my favorite gifts to give-a dozen cards of various themes (Thank You, Wedding, Sympathy, etc) in a gorgeous reusable box. And I still scrapbook and make home décor items.
 
I love my Cuttlebug and Cricut, and figuring out how to embellish cards. I actually try to rotate different embellishments so all my cards don't look the same. I use ribbon, brads, twines, buttons, flowers, machine stitching, pop dots, burlap, etc! My blog doesn't show it all, because it seems if I make some really great cards, I need a dozen for a gift!
Spare time….I sew, read, upholstery, and refurbish furniture. I work on our classic car collection-not turning a wrench, usually tracking down parts & pieces! I've just started autocrossing and love it! I will recover the seats if I have to. I even help a friend show her Murray Gray Cattle at various fairs and speciality shows. I don't think I sit around bored-there's always something to create!

And here are a couple of examples of Michelle's wonderful work.
 Displaying dcdspring.JPG
And you can see more of her fabulous work on her blog - Just aNutter Paper Crafter. 

Looking forward to seeing more of her beautiful work in the future... you will be impressed.

Dawn and the Divas
 

2 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Congrats Michelle!! What a fun card!! Looking forward to more of your creations!

ScrappyHorses said...

Love Michelle's creations! Can't wait to see what she brings to Die Cut Diva's!