Upcoming Challenges - see Sidebar

We are limiting the number of submissions to the Die Cut Divas' challenge blog to 4. The challenges will close at 9:00 p.m. Pacific time. Thank you as always for your wonderful submissions. Arlene and the Die Cut Divas.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Who Thinks about Envelopes?

Who Thinks about Envelopes?  Usually not I.  Sometimes, just finishing a card can be time-intensive for me. Other times, not so much.  I just forget about envelopes until it's time to stuff, sounds rather harsh, doesn't it... but, to go on, STUFF a card into an envelope, I just don't think about them (envelopes).  I make cards for gifts for my co-workers (I'm afraid the number seems to increase each year) and just finishing up cards and determining who they are for means working into the night.

However, I wanted to show you how very CUTE the Bugaboo digital stamps were when printed on envelopes and lightly colored.  I did not use Copics which would have bled through the paper.  I used a set of Zig Writers to shade in my stamps.  A very quick and easy process to try, so I hope you consider stamping on your envelopes too.

I figured I'd try this out on my printer and without too much work at all, printed the two images below on a couple of envelopes.  If I can do this, you can do it too.

 I just love Bugaboo's  Friends are Your Umbrella and had the hardest time not coloring TOO much.  This is just a swish of a marker here and there to give some depth, but I did not spend more than a couple of minutes on this at all.  Yet, it so appeals to me.

I printed Stella Peeker - Darth Vader on a large 6" X 9 inch envelope and quickly ran over it with some markers to give it some fun and a bit of depth.  Don't spend time, just a quick couple of colors and a swish here and there of a marker.  I had to color her hair lavender... she just needed a lavender day, the color just leaping off into space!

I hope you enjoyed this quick post to show you that a printed envelope does not require you to spend a lot of time coloring.  (I had no gray, so used a barely brown color on the container) - see you use what you have.

Arlene and the DCD Design Team

1 comment:

Cindy C. said...

Wow these envelopes look great!!