Thursday, July 17, 2014

Introducing Hilde

 Another fabulous new Diva to introduce to you.

Welcome Hilde

  • I am a Mother to 3 adult children,  grandmother to 3 and we have 2 dogs and 2 cats....My youngest (daughter) is turning 19 and still lives at home, my two boys have flown the coop, they are 32 and 29. I live near Sydney on the beautiful Hawkesbury River. Great scenery and we have Sulphur Crested Cockatoos, Magpies, King Parrots, Eastern Rosellas and Rainbow Lorikeets visiting every afternoon. Lots of bird life where we live. A great place, love it.
  • How long have you been a card maker/scrapper & when did you start?
  • I have been a card maker for about 8 years on and off, and pretty much tried my hand and everything else along the way, when my daughter was little I sewed and smocked, I tried silk painting, folkart, water colour, mosaic, cottage crafts, embroidery, crochet, knitting, all the usual suspects, love it all....but paper craft has taken over my life for now, lol.
  • Do you follow sketches or dive right in? Dive in
  • How many projects do you make a week? As I also sell my cards I make I would say I make a least a dozen cards a week.
  • What is your favourite tool (what can't you create without) & why?
  • My double sided tape that tears( so I don't have to cut it and waste time, lol) , and I do a marathon die cutting session every two weeks...and use them here and there on my cards. So that would mean my Big shot (I am on my second one now, and it;s starting to make funny noises so might need number 3 soon)
  • What at the moment is your most favourite thing to do on your project? Using vintage prints I find on the internet and mixing them up with die cuts
  • How would you describe your style? I hover in between CAS and full on.....not sure I have a style, like to try a bit of everything really...
  • What about your style would you change ? I am in love with the elegant vintage style and am leaning more toward that and would like to explore more in that direction but I am not there yet.
  • Describe (pictures are even better) your crafting area. OMG where do I start....I do have a very large long desk and it's very messy, but that's how I get my ideas, something might just be sitting there, and all of a sudden I am off, and know exactly what to do.
  • Do you have a blog? If not where can we see more of your fabulous creations?
  • I do and it called happyglitzygirl and yes I love, love, love glitz and bling...
 
 And look what Hilde has to share with us. 
 

1 comment:

Arlene said...

How cute are those cards and it's so nice to get to know someone behind the cards.