Friday, June 7, 2013

Favorite Die-cut Day 3 (final day)



Hello again
Have you been enjoying the different ways to use the versatile nesty? I know I have been enjoying sharing it.
And speaking of enjoyment here is our final card using the die

I'm having such a hard time with this masculine theme! I so badly want to add flowers or cute little girls to color in! but I suppose they must wait.

On this card I used the negative and the inner oval to create lots of layers without much work.

I used a 4 x 5 1/4 panel to cut out all my shapes for all the cards I shared this week, being careful to line up the oval evenly so I could use the panel later,  like I showed on the first day.

And as you can see I cut out both ovals together  to create all the frames and ovals I intended to use throughout the week.
To line them all up, I simply laid them face down on my paper and used some tape to keep it in place so it didn't slide on the machine.

I stamped my background design on the panel and distressed the outer edges with distress ink,
then I adhered a small scrap of brown card stock just big enough to fill in the hole on the back side of the panel, and adhered to my 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 base.

Next I stamped the large sentiment on the small oval and popped it out with pop dots, to make it a little more dimensional. And there you have it!

Have a wonderful weekend, and come back next Monday for a week of idea's and tips!

Hannah and the DCD Design Team

1 comment:

Arlene said...

Great masculine cards all week. I really like this and so simple to make.